- Writers Weekly - Great resource for all writers!
- Writer's Digest - This is fairly good. I used it a lot when I wrote for adult magazines.
- Writer's Markets - I got a few articles published here in their early days. A great resource!
|Best Children's Writing Sites |
- Jacketflap - This is a great way to find out more about publishers, authors, illustrators, and their books and blogs!
- Authors Who Visit - A great resource to find an author in your state or to see other children's author's websites!
- Colossal Directory of Children's Publishers - A great resource for writer's guidelines.
- Robin Friedman's Interview with Editors - Click on her "Interviews" link to the right on her website! A treasure trove of information and editorial opinion! A must!
- Querytracker.net - VERY BEST tracking program ever! And it only costs $25 for the premium service. WORTH EVERY PENNY!!!
- SCBWI - Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators. If you're wanting to break into the market, you need to join!
- The Purple Crayon - One of the best informational site for both new and experienced children's authors.
- Write4Kids - Best resource when I first started out. Check out my endorsement on the homepage!
- Smartwriters - Lots of info! This is a great listing of authors on the web.
- America Writes for Kids - A great listing of many children's authors and blogs
|Great Children's Author Sites |
- J.K. Rowling - What a lot of money can do for a website. Have fun!
- Yellapalooza - A bunch of my illustrator friends are here. A really fun site!
- Kimberly Willis Holt - Um...I wanna website like Kimberly's! This is a must-see!
- Jon Scieszka - A very funtabulous site! From one of my biggest literary influences!
- Robert Sabuda - I'm in love with his work!
- Bruce Hale - This guy has it all! And he's very funny.
- Bill Myers - I wannabe Bill!
- Roald Dahl - Another example of how money can really rev up a website.
- Jerry Spinelli - A nice guy and a great writer.
- Eileen Spinelli - I got to talk with her at Chautauqua, NY retreat--she's such a sweet and lovely person! And her books are the best!
- Tracey West - Author of Pixie Tricks. This is a fun site for kids!